and Corporates in Pune
The present corporate scenario in Pune
can boast of well established corporate houses, manufacturing
units producing monopoly products, inventors, bench markers
and top rankers. With major IT giants and big corporate houses
investing in the city Pune is developing in the business and
industrial areas and at present is the seventh ranking industrial
metro of India.
The Information Technology (IT) industry
has recorded the fastest ever in Pune ever. Reports stated
that IT exports of over Rs 8,200 crore were seen in the financial
year 2005-06 with 111 multinational IT companies registered
in the fiscal year. Around 83 new private IT parks are coming
up in Pune with some of the prominent IT parks in the city
being Hinjewadi IT Park, Magarpatta Cybercity, etc.
Many Indian and Global software
companies have made Pune their favorite IT hub.
Indian IT majors: TCS, Infosys, Wipro
Technologies, Tech Mahindra and Patni computer systems
among a few.
IT MNCs: Cognizant, Siemens, Veritas
software, IBM, Syntel, Zensar, HSBC Global Technology
to name a few
Pune with easy availability of skilled
manpower is also emerging as a prominent city for BPO
companies. Companies like Convergys, WNS, Progeon, EXL
and MphasiS have started their operations in Pune.
- Pune also hosts major industrial and manufacturing units.
- Bajaj Auto - one of the world's largest two-wheeler manufacturers
- Bharat Forge Ltd - the world's second largest forging
- Kinetic Engineering, Force Motors (previously known as
- Tata Motors - manufacturing plant
- Whirlpool and LG appliances have appliance manufacturing
plants near Pune.
- Frito Lay and Coca Cola also have manufacturing plants