ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited,
since it received regulatory approvals in 2001, has emerged
as the number one player in the insurance sector in India.
And all these is attributed to its breakthrough performance
in providing a comprehensive product line, instant online
policy issuance, simple and fast documentation and fast claims
settlement. ICICI Lombard has also implemented exclusive Home
Insurance plans which are customized to secure your home from
natural and man-made calamities.
The ICICI Lombard Home Insurance Plan ensures
its clients the guarantee of protecting the building structure
and its contents. The policy offers its clients the flexibility
of choice for buying insurance - only for the building structure
of your home, or only the contents/possessions or both. The
policy covers the loss or damage to the structure and contents
of your home due to any natural and man-made calamities.
- Riot, strike & malicious damage
- Explosion & implosion
- Earthquake, subsidence, landslides and rockslides
- Lightning, storm, cyclone, tempest, tornado, hurricane,
flood & inundation
- Damage due to impact by vehicles
- Missile testing operation and Aircraft damage
- Damage due to bursting and/or overflowing of water tanks,
apparatus and pipes
- Burglary cover (only for contents)
The promotional values included in Home Insurance
policy is 15% discount on a 3 years home insurance policy
and 25% discount on 5 years policy and provision for Optional
- Loss/damage to the structure and / or contents of your
home due to acts of terrorism.
- Additional expenses of rent for alternative accommodation
with maximum coverage of up to Rs. 1,00,000 for up to 6
months, in cases if your insured building structure is destroyed
or damaged by any of the above mentioned peril.
The ICICI Lombard Home
Insurance plan insures the building structure of your
home for its reconstruction value i.e. the cost incurred to
reconstruct the home if it is damaged and not for its market
value such as the cost of land etc. Sum insured is calculated
by multiplying the built up area of your home with the construction
rate per sq. feet. The insurance policy for contents/possessions
of your home are estimated on market value basis i.e. the
current market value of similar items after depreciation,
which is although not applicable on jewellery.
The ICICI Lombard Home Insurance policy is
not applicable to a few categories of loss or damage due to
- Willful destruction of property
- Destruction caused by war, wear and tear, atmospheric
- Losses incurred if your home has been unoccupied for
more than 30 days
- Loss of cash, bullion, painting, works of art and antiques.
For more details visit http://www.icicilombard.com