India Assurance Company Limited
New India Assurance is a public sector insurance
group providing services in the Indian sub-continent with
a network of 1068 offices. The contributing factor of the
company is apparent from the fact that with its superior capital
position and strong operating performance, it has recorded
significant international operations. New India Assurance
has also being contributing considerably in the home insurance
sector apart from its other regular plans.
New India Assurance Householders Policy is
the home insurance
plan for the company which is a specific package policy
designed to meet the insurance requirements of a householder
which covers 10 sections for insurance against loss/damage
due to natural or man-made calamities. The company also offers
discount in premium based on the number of sections of the
policy opted for with coverage for building structure and
- Fire, Lightening, explosion of gas in domestic appliances
- Bursting and overflowing of water tanks, apparatus or
- Riot, Strike, Malicious or Terrorist Act
- Flood, Inundation, Storm, Typhoon, Hurricane, Tornado
- Damage due to earthquake, subsidence and Landslide (including
- Damage caused by Aircraft & Impact damage
- Loss due to burglary, house breaking, larceny or theft.
- Loss/damage to jewellery and valuables by accident or
misfortune, subject to the value declared in the schedule.
- Loss/damage of Plate glass and damage of domestic appliances
due to electrical/mechanical breakdown.
- Baggage insurance while on Travel
- Third party liability and personal accident.
New India Assurance offers a value equivalent
to the market value of household contents i.e. the value for
which this used item could be bought or sold in the market
as insurance. And for the building structure, the claim amount
payable would be the amount required to bring the damaged
structure to the same condition as it was prior to the damage
subject to the adequacy of the sum insured.