Insurance Company Limited
National Insurance Company Limited (NIC) is
one of the four insurance companies under public sector undertakings
by the Government of India. It is one of the leading public
sector insurance companies of India, carrying out non life
insurance business. With a product range of over 200 insurance
plans, NIC cater to the diverse insurance requirements of
its policyholders with pioneering and tailor-made policies
to suit your needs.
The National Insurance Company's home insurance
plan called the Householder's
policy is one such attempt by the company to cover loss
or damage of building structure (of the householder) and its
contents or valuable possessions arising out of calamities
- natural or man-made. It is a single policy involving a number
- Fire and Allied Perils - such as riot, strike, lightning,
explosion, natural calamities, etc.
- Burglary & Housebreaking including larceny and theft
- Loss/damage to jewellery & valuables caused by accident
- Loss/damage to fixed plate glass in the insured premises
by accidental breakage.
- Damage of domestic appliances due to mechanical/electrical
- Loss of Baggage and Personal accident.
- Public or third party liability
An important feature of the National Insurance
Householder's Policy is that, the minimum premium for the
Section covering Fire and Allied Perils is Rs 10 and for the
rest it is Rs.5 per Section. Moreover, there is provision
for group discount under two categories - when more than 4
and up to 6 sections are availed and when more than 6 sections
are availed. Also there is a provision for 5% Service Tax
to be charged on final premium.